We are delighted to be working alongside Hurtigruten as we know our guests will be thrilled to embark on an exciting expedition cruise to Norway to see the Northern Lights. Established in 1893 Hurtigruten is a cruise line famous for its expeditions to some of the world’s most pristine and vulnerable natural landscapes. If you want a relaxed cruise with like-minded inquisitive people who have a sense of adventure, then Hurtigruten is the cruise line for you.
Choose Hurtigruten if you want...
- Unique nature-based cruises to some of the world's most remote and pristine waters
- A cruise line with an explorer heritage dating back to 1893 with highly skilled crews and a diverse fleet consisting of nimble, intimately-scaled expedition ships
- A cruise line famous for their Norwegian coast itineraries, having brought travellers to the heart of Norway for 125 years
- Expeditions where all the equipment you need to explore new destinations is provided
- A casual and relaxed onboard atmosphere
- The expert knowledge of the hand-picked team of specialists and modern-day explorers who accompany every expedition
The Saga price includes all this...
- Included VIP door-to-door chauffeur service to and from your UK departure port or airport from anywhere in mainland England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands; or included car parking at your UK departure point
- Optional travel insurance§ on all cruises including cover for more than 400 pre-existing medical conditions
- Tourist visas if required
- Flights, hotel stays and overseas transfers where specified
- All port taxes, fees and charges
§Optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, and additional cancellation rights, unless you have your own insurance, in which case a reduction is available. Cover is subject to some medical questions.
Hurtigruten are so sure that the spectacular Northern Lights will make an appearance on your Hurtigruten voyage, that they will give you another six or seven-day Classic Voyage free of charge if they do not appear. Ts and cs apply.
Hurtigruten specialise in nature-based cruises for people who are inquisitive and want to learn about the places they visit from the highly experienced, passionate and knowledgeable Expedition Team on board. They offer unique experiences and impart knowledge in a way that leaves the smallest environmental footprint possible. You won't find waterslides, casinos or any sort of dress code. However, you will find a casual and relaxed atmosphere, great food, and all the quality equipment you need to explore new destinations.
On all Hurtigruten's cruises you will be accompanied by an expert Expedition Team. They are your hosts on board and ashore. This hand-picked team of specialists and modern-day explorers will present lectures and lead activities during the cruise to help you learn more about the natural and cultural treasures of Norway. They will also introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of friluftsliv (outdoor life) and encourage you to join in exciting activities during the expedition. We provide all the gear you will need.
MS Maud is a more sustainable expedition ship equipped with a battery pack that will support the ship’s engines, and drastically cut emissions. The ship sources power from land when docked, and this eliminates shoreside emissions.