Holland America Line
The epitome of elegance
We're delighted to be working with Holland America Line, who have been at the forefront of premium cruising for more than 140 years. Voted 'Best Cruise Value' for the 21st consecutive year by readers of Ocean and Cruise News, Holland America Line's fleet of elegant ships blend grand staircases and wraparound teak promenades with the most ultra-modern of comforts. Perfect for discerning travellers who like to see the world in style.
Grand but not immense, spacious yet intimate, these classic ships offer a comparable environment to that of a country house, while a ratio of one crew member to every two guests means attentive, award-winning service from a crew who will remember your every preference.
Choose Holland America Line for...
- At the heart of every cruise are: dining, accommodation, service, activities and destinations
- Exquisite cuisine served in elegant restaurants, with a variety of dining experiences – both formal and informal – available on board
- Plenty to see and do at sea, with a variety of enriching activities such as gourmet presentations, tasting events and digital workshops, depending on your cruise
- Premium cruising with a commitment to excellence
- Modern mid-sized spacious ships that reflect a proud Dutch heritage from a long established cruise line
- Great attention to detail, with comfortable furnishings, museum quality art and antiques, rich polished woods and fresh flowers displayed around the ship
- Gracious, friendly and unobtrusive staff who will remember your name and drink - with one member of staff to every two guests
- Engaging entertainment featuring accomplished singers, dancers and musicians from around the world and a partnership with BBC Earth
This great-value package is only available when booking exclusively with Saga.
The Saga price includes all this...
- Saga's VIP door-to-door travel service
- Don't need the chauffeur? Then you can drive yourself and enjoy free car parking at or near your departure point
- Optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch and additional cancellation rights on overseas holidays for over 50s, or a price reduction if not required (cover is subject to medical questions)
- All meals in the main restaurants, snacks and buffets
- On-board leisure facilities and enriching activities
- World-class entertainment from accomplished singers, dancers and musicians from around the world
- Hotel stay or land tour before or after you board on selected cruises, including meals as specified
- 24 hour room service on-board ship
- Porterage of luggage when embarking and disembarking
- Tour Manager on land tours in Australia
- Tourist visa, if required
- All port taxes, fees and charges
Delight in an immersive culinary experience on board, from the more formal main dining room, a lavish buffet at the Lido Market and poolside pizza, to intimate speciality restaurants. Enjoy menus and signature dishes developed by world-renowned chefs from Holland America Line's Culinary Council® together with their Executive Chefs. Venues include…
Main Dining Room
For breakfast, lunch or five-course dinners, the elegant Dining Room is your destination for sophisticated dining, with menu selections from classic favourites to dishes inspired by the regions you’ll visit.
Refined and luxurious, the Pinnacle Grill represents the height of exceptional dining. Make a reservation for lunch or dinner and enjoy dishes inspired by America’s Pacific Northwest.
Welcome to Canaletto, an authentic Italian restaurant whose menu celebrates spartire (Italian for sharing); a great choice for dining with family or friends.
In the spirit of traditional Asian cuisine and concepts, the menu is inspired by nature's elements: water, wood, fire, earth and ice.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, with a panoramic view of the sea. A modern marketplace with different themed stations, the Lido offers a curated selection of delicious options to grab on the go or to have quickly made to order.
Grand Dutch Café
This café is the perfect place to enjoy a pint of lager or your favourite coffee along with a traditional savoury Dutch snack.
You can also enjoy al fresco dining by the pool at the Dive-In, while on selected ships you can enjoy crisp Italian salads and pan pizzas poolside. You can have ice cream creations when you fancy, your favourite hand-crafted espresso while browsing the books or surfing the internet and on sea days a High Tea Dance with live music.
… plus, 24-hour in-room dining
Sleep in and have breakfast in bed, enjoy an early dinner on your verandah, and order a snack any time.
*Use of specialty restaurants is at an extra charge on-board.
Nights on board Holland America Line are filled with world-class live entertainment. Take in a thrilling show, dance to an amazing band, or relax and enjoy a classical concert.
Exclusive concerts are the centrepiece of an exciting variety of performances on the Main Stage. Enjoy performers and speakers from all over the globe.
With its two-story, 270º wrap-around LED high definition screen, the World Stage on Koningsdam is a dazzling trendsetting theatre where innovation meets entertainment.
Lincoln Centre Stage
In partnership with the world’s leading centre for performing arts, the Lincoln Centre showcases outstanding musicians performing chamber music each evening and during afternoons at sea.
BB King’s Blues Club
Direct from Beale Street, this club brings the best of Memphis music.
Fifty years of chart-topping hits rock the house as live musicians play the music you know and love.
Between ports of call discover your inner chef, enjoy incredible concerts, make a movie on your PC or create art like a master.
BBC Earth Experiences
Holland America Line’s partnership with BBC Earth means guests can enjoy incredible Frozen Planet Live concerts based on the BBC Earth television series, featuring talented musicians playing a specially orchestrated classical score as the wilderness of the Polar Regions unfolds on a huge screen.
Culinary Arts Centre
Holland America Line has also teamed up with America’s Test Kitchen to offer an enticing selection of live on-board cooking shows and hands-on workshops where you can learn foolproof techniques and user-friendly recipes to make delectable dishes with confidence. There’s also classes in flower arranging, cocktail classes and nightly sip-and-savour events at the Culinary Arts Centre.
Fun, free and interactive small-group sessions on how to get the most from your technology, all conducted by expert hosts.
The Rijksmuseum at Sea
An inspirational exhibit and studio showcasing life-sized reproductions of some of the 8,000 artworks to be found at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. There are drawing tables and art supplies for you to create your very own masterpiece.
Please note: Some activities may be at an additional charge on-board.
A daily ‘Hotel Service Charge’of US$13.50 per guest (US$15.00 for guests in suites) is automatically charged to each guest’s shipboard account. You are free to adjust this amount at the end of the cruise. A 15% service charge is automatically added to bar charges and dining room wine purchases. Gratuities to drivers and guides during your holiday are not included and are entirely at your discretion.