The largest and newest ship in their fleet, the Balmoral cruise ship certainly upholds this cruise line's reputation for intimate, friendly cruising thanks to its small size and attentive crew.
Choose an outside cabin with a porthole, picture window or balcony, splash out on a suite with a separate seating area and fridge or opt for an inside cabin.
All have a television, hairdryer and a bathroom with shower: where there is a bathtub it will have an overhead shower.
There are also a limited number of cabins for sole occupancy.
Wheelchair accessible cabins may be available on request, subject to availability.
A note about cabin numbers
At the time of booking your cruise you will be given a cabin number for the duration of your stay on-board. Whilst every possible effort is given to ensure you will be accommodated in this cabin, we reserve the right to advise a change to this cabin number when you receive your final tickets. In the event of a cabin change we guarantee you will be accommodated in a stateroom that is equal to the grade of the cabin given at the time of booking, or a higher grade cabin to your original booking. If you choose not to accept your allocated cabin, this is treated as a cancellation.
Officers & crew
Approx. twin cabin size
Life on board
Aboard the Balmoral cruise ship, two of the nine decks are saved for leisure: head sunny side up to the top deck, a sun trap with plenty of loungers and a pool where you can work on your tan. Meanwhile the Lounge Deck is, as its name suggests, ideal for lounging around: perhaps enjoy the passing views with a drink in the delightful Palms Café or catch a show at the Neptune Lounge.
You can also see if Lady Luck is on your side at the informal gaming tables, dine alfresco at the poolside bar or try a fitness class for a change of pace.
Bars, restaurants and lounges
- Ballindalloch restaurant
- Avon restaurant
- Spey restaurant
- Palms Café
- Morning Light Pub
- Lido bar
- Poolside bar
- Observatory Lounge
- Braemar Lounge
- Lido Lounge
- Neptune show lounge
Sports, activities and entertainment
- Fitness centre
- Art and crafts room
- Golf nets
- Two outdoor pools, both with a pair of jacuzzis
- Card room
- Gaming tables
- Wi-Fi and internet centre
- Health and beauty salon
Please note: Dining is allocated to one of the main restaurants.
The Balmoral cruise ship boasts three restaurants and a cafe, you'll have plenty of choice of where to dine. In addition, there will be delicious afternoon teas to tempt you each day!
A typical menu
- Fresh bread baked daily in the on-board bakery
- Sun-ripened avocado fan with sweet grilled red peppers
- Jumbo prawns with tomato mousse
- Chilled apple and pear soup
- House salad
- Classic Caesar salad
- Grilled fillet of Norwegian salmon with warm crayfish butter dressing
- Provencal-style roast lamb loin with garlic and herb crust
- Grilled sirloin steak with jacket potato, balsamic baked tomatoes and herb butter
- Vegetable tempura, sushi rolls and soya spiced broth
Desserts and cheeses
- Creamy chocolate pot with crisp shortbread biscuit
- Passion fruit and lime chiffon tart (sugar free alternative available)
- British and international cheeses