Save an extra £100 per person on cruises of 10 nights or longer or save an extra £50 per person on cruises of less than 10 nights – book by September 30, 2019.
How to use your promo code:
- On the payment page, click ‘add promo code’
- Enter promo code FRED100 for cruises of 10 nights or longer
- Enter promo code FRED50 for cruises of less than 10 nights
- Click ‘confirm code’
Plus, enjoy a FREE upgrade to all-inclusive drinks worth £19 per person per day on ALL Fred. Olsen cruises when you book with Saga, and FREE gratuities worth £5 per person per day on selected cruises.
Relive the golden age of cruising
Established in 1848, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a family-run company that still upholds the great customs of classic cruising. These include elegant, comfortable surroundings, superb personal service and fine dining, as well as daily afternoon tea and refined entertainment.
This is a refined, elegant way to explore destinations like the Norwegian fjords, Cuba and the Caribbean or even embark on a once-in-a-lifetime world voyage. Choose from a host of memorable itineraries including departures from UK ports and fly-cruises to destinations across the globe.
Their small to medium-size ships can sail you to the heart of destinations, entering narrow fjords, inland rivers and tiny harbours, or get even closer to the action with an adventure on an board one of the ships' new RIBs (rigid inflatable boats).
In 2019 you can see iconic sights such as the awe-inspiring Northern Lights, the colourful and unique city of Reykjavik and even spend two nights in vibrant San Francisco. You can enjoy a cruise closer to home exploring the British Isles, enjoy a fly-cruise to discover Singapore and Indonesia’s islands, and experience world-famous events such as the Monaco Grand Prix, the incredible Seville Fair and Estonia’s Song and Dance Festival.
In 2020 you can see coastal bonfires marking the Summer Solstice as you cruise the North Cape, cruise the canals of Holland to see the famous Dutch bulb fields, sail to Singapore, Bali and Burma on a scenic voyage, join a mystery cruise and discover new destinations, discover the beauty of Indonesia’s tranquil islands or join an unforgettable world cruise. There’s also an opportunity to spend time in Madeira when all four ships will dock in Funchal for another historic day of celebration.
Choose Fred. Olsen for...
- A long-established, family-run cruise line, extremely proud of their heritage
- A classic style of cruising that upholds all the finest traditions at sea
- A smaller ship experience that ensures customers enjoy a more intimate and sociable atmosphere
- Formal dining in the main restaurants, or more relaxed dining in the open-seating alternative eateries
- The chance to sail to smaller ports, islands and harbours
- Take your exploration to the next level on an exhilarating RIB adventure, available in selected ports
- A generous luggage allowance of 90kg per person when sailing from the UK
- A wide variety of fly-cruises including the Caribbean, South Africa and the Indian Ocean, allowing you to begin exploring straight away
- High levels of personal service in comfortable and cosy surroundings aboard four welcoming ships - Black Watch, Balmoral, Boudicca and Braemar
Explore Fred. Olsen’s smaller ships
On Fred. Olsen’s smaller, more personable ships, you’ll feel relaxed and at home from the moment you step on board; and you’ll soon get to know the attentive crew, your fellow guests and new-found friends. The fleet’s multi-million-pound refit in 2018 means you can enjoy fresh new interiors, upgraded cabins and enhanced facilities, and experience the welcoming country house hotel style they’re renowned for.
Four Freds in Funchal
On April 4, 2020, four of Fred. Olsen's cruise ships will gather in the beautiful city of Funchal on the island of Madeira. Join one of the ships and enjoy a day of celebration with fun activities and events to mark the occasion.
The Saga price includes all this…
- Saga's VIP door-to-door travel service - your holiday will start right at your front door, with a chauffeur who will drive you to the UK port or airport, and then pick you up on your return. Don't need the chauffeur? Then you can drive yourself and enjoy free car parking at or near your departure point
- Optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch and additional cancellation rights on overseas holidays for over 50s, or a price reduction if not required (cover is subject to medical questions)
- All port taxes, fees and charges All meals, afternoon tea, snacks and buffets
- Free upgrade to all inclusive on all cruises*
- Free onboard gratuities to housekeeping and restaurant staff on selected cruises^
- Tea and coffee
- On-board leisure facilities including a gym, swimming pools and Jacuzzis Daily on-board activities and lectures
- Free use of the shuttle bus at most ports of call on most cruises
- All evening entertainment including dancing, cabaret shows and live music
- Captain's Drinks Party and Gala Buffet Room service
- Porterage of luggage when embarking and disembarking
*All-inclusive drinks package is worth £19 per person, per day and includes selected beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks and 50% off selected premium brands and cocktails. ^Free on-board gratuities are worth £5 per person, per day.
When you book through Saga, selected drinks are included in the price of all Fred. Olsen cruises. The all-inclusive drinks package is normally £19 per person, per day. In addition, you can save 50% off premium and branded drinks, other red and white wines (excluding Champagne or sparkling wine), cocktails and bottled water. Here is a list of drinks included.
In the bars
- A selection of soft drinks (post-mix on pump), served by the glass: Pepsi, lemonade, tonic waters, juices and mineral/spring water
- A choice of three red, three white and two rosé wines by the glass
- Selected Cava by the glass
- Selected branded beers in cans or on draught
- Selected cider in cans
- Selected house spirits: white rum, gin, vodka, whisky, brandy and Irish Cream
- The Bar Manager's own selection
In the restaurants and buffets
- A selection of soft drinks, mineral/spring water and juices by the glass
- A choice of three red, three white and two rosé wines by the glass
- Selected branded beers in cans
- Regular tea and coffee
Fred's ships sail from five ports around the UK, making it easy to join a huge range of cruises. You can depart from Dover, Southampton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Rosyth.
Alternatively, there is a great choice of fly-cruises. You’ll board your cruise ship in the heart of the action, so you could be exploring idyllic islands or exotic shores within hours of touching down. Discover the islands of the Caribbean, explore the Singapore and Indonesia’s islands or discover Bali and Australia.
Gratuities are not included in the cost of your cruise holiday, and for your convenience, £5 per adult guest per day is automatically added to your on-board account to be shared by your housekeeping and restaurant staff. However tipping is entirely at your discretion, and you can contact Reception once on board should you wish to vary this amount. There are no additional service charges for spa or salon services.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines are working to reduce their impact on the globe. With their smaller, friendlier, revitalised ships sailing oceans near and far, they understand it’s important to take care of the world they love to explore with their guests.
Here are just a few of the initiatives they have in place to help protect the planet:
- Banning the use of single-use plastic on board wherever possible
- The reuse and recycling of items wherever possible, including the donation of useful items (such as uniforms and furniture) to good causes
- Their waste management processes follow strict environmental regulatory requirements
- The company’s Energy Efficiency Plan regularly reviews and reduces energy demand
- This approach follows through to their Ipswich Office too, where rooftop solar panels generate power for the office, paper and plastics are all recycled, and green initiatives are in place