French barge cruises
Explore the French waterways by barge
There’s no better way to visit the pretty villages, vineyards and historic sites than aboard intimate barge holidays in France.
Perhaps cruise into the heart of the Burgundy regions and visit some of the most famous wine towns in Europe like Chablis and Sancerre, or maybe stay in a hotel a stone’s throw from the spectacular Château de Fontainebleau…
This collection of week-long barge cruises in France combine the charm of leisurely day cruising along the sleepy French waterways, with a relaxing stay in a carefully-selected hotel.
Your barge holidays in France will be aboard a newly commissioned barge, designed specifically for a morning of cruising. After a light lunch you can hop on a coach to further explore the local sights on an excursion, before heading back to your hotel in the evening.
You can enjoy an even longer barge cruise experience by combining back-to-back cruises – simply call our friendly Travel Consultants on 0800 300 400 to discuss your plans for barging in France.
Your barge holidays in France will be aboard a newly commissioned barge, which carries no more than 60 people. It has been designed specifically for day cruising in conjunction with a coach. As it's also hybrid-engined you can enjoy a peaceful cruise without any exhaust fumes.
- Outside viewing deck with sun awning
- Spacious 19-metre air-conditioned lounge which can comfortably seat 60
- A galley serving drinks, including mineral water, tea and coffee available all the time
- Wine served with a light lunch, usually supplied by a local boulangerie
- A range of prestigious local wines - including Chablis, Sancerre and Crémant de Bourgogne – which can be purchased by the bottle to enjoy during your cruise
- Bikes available to hire at no charge if you’re feeling particularly energetic and wish to cycle the towpath!
- Two WCs on board, including one suitable for wheelchair users
- Up to two wheelchairs users can be accommodated on board
- Return coach from Folkestone by Eurotunnel or ferry
- A typical daily programme will consist of a morning cruising aboard the barge, followed by afternoons of exploration, and an overnight stay in a carefully chosen hotel
- Regular pauses for locks and lift bridges