18th January, 2022
King Prawns Hariyali Recipe
Try one of our recipes from Khukuri House Restaurant at home.
Serves - 10
- 5kg 6/8 Tiger Prawns, de-shelled and cleaned tail on
- 300g coriander leaves fresh
- 100g mint leaves fresh
- 50g Garlic
- 500ml Thick curd
- 30g chilies (Adjust as per to taste) green
- 60g garam masala
- 45g besan (Gram flour)
- To taste salt
- 200g bell pepper Assorted
- 2 wedge Onion cut
- Handful Cherry tomatoes
- Chaat Masala to sprinkle on top
- Put chopped fresh coriander, mint leaves, curd, garlic, Green chillies, garam masala, salt to a blender. Blend till smooth. Don't add any extra water.
- In a pan on medium heat roast gram flour till fragrant and light golden in colour.
- In a container with lid put the prawns, the green paste, gram flour, assorted pepper, Onion and tomatoes. Mix well, refrigerate to marinate at least for 2 hours.
- 20 minutes before grilling take the marinated prawns out of the refrigerator.
- Heat a iron griddle pan. Spread 1 tbsp. oil/butter. Once it is really hot, pick only the prawns from marinade. Arrange them on the hot pan. let it grill for 2-3 minutes each side. (I would suggest to grill prawns in batches for even cooking). Or skewer them and cook in tandoor oven. The prawns should be cooked done with beautiful charred effect. Note: It is better to grill prawn and veggies separately, to avoid over cooking of prawn. Over cooking results in rubber like prawns.
- At the end transfer all the veggies along with the leftover marinade. Grill till they are half done (I like them a bit crunchy) and look charred.
- Sprinkle generous amount of chat masala and serve hot.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.
Quick links: Back to Blogs home