18th January, 2022
Crusted King Scallops Recipe
Try one of our recipes from Khukuri House Restaurant at home.
- 400g (14oz) king scallops
- 2 tbsp butter, plus 1 tsp for the dressing
- 3 pinches Celtic sea salt
- 1 dash pepper, freshly cracked
- 20g (3/4oz) sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, diced
- 10g (1/2oz) Thai basil, chopped
- 1/5 lemon, sliced and caramelised
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste
- 100ml (31/2fl oz) coconut milk, reduced to 50ml (11/2fl oz)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Micro leaves to garnish
For the scallops
- Heat butter in a pan on a high heat until lightly foaming.
- Pat scallops dry, season and roll in sesame seeds.
- Add scallops into the pan, with space in between. Sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic and Thai basil and stir quickly for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon slices and chilli.
- When scallops are still springy, remove from pan and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
For the dressing
- Add coconut milk to the pan juices and reduce to a dressing consistency. Adjust seasoning with a dash of lime juice.
- Whip in soft butter, then pour into the scallops dish to serve.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.
Quick links: Back to Blogs home