Our return to service
Keeping you safe when we return to service
Cruise with confidence thanks to...
- Comprehensive Covid-19 protocols that are being regularly reviewed to ensure we provide a safe environment for our guests and crew on all cruises sailing throughout the year.
- Flexible cancellation rights.
- Included travel insurance with up to £5m coronavirus coronavirus emergency medical and repatriation cover.
- All guests to be fully vaccinated (including a booster dose) for Covid-19 before boarding.
- Fully vaccinated crew.
- For sailings up to until the end of February 2022, our included chauffeur service will be extended to a private service up to 250 miles each way. This means every guest or ‘bubble’ will be picked up at home and driven to the port, safely and without the need to use any form of shared transport.
- Pre-departure Covid-19 testing at the port for guests and crew, along with temperature checks and a full medical screening.
- Additional enhancements to our state-of-the-art air conditioning, which already circulates 100% fresh air in all public areas and cabins.
- Enhancing our already high standards of cleaning throughout the ships, including all public areas and cabins.
- We have doubled the number of medical staff on board, and expanded our medical facilities, including a new isolation area.
- Our ships have been awarded independent Shield+ accreditation to certify that they are operating safely, using only the strictest health and hygiene measures.
For cruise departures in February 2022
This information is regularly updated, so if you are travelling on a cruise later in the year please check back nearer to your departure date for the most up-to-date information.
Since we returned to service last summer, more than 22,000 guests have sailed with us, and we have an exemplary record of keeping everyone safe on board. This is credit to the tireless work of our crew, who have ensured that we are one of the safest places to be at sea. However, we remain ever vigilant in these unprecedented times.
Having reviewed the government’s latest advice, we are continuing to take all necessary steps to prevent cases of Covid-19 on board and provide our guests with the peace of mind they need to enjoy their cruise, knowing that their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds.
Luckily, our new ships are quite different from other modern cruise ships. They are smaller, with a higher amount of space afforded to each guest, so you will never be crowded on board. You can relax in their generously-sized public rooms, large open decks, and even on your own private balcony.
The usual facilities such as swimming pools, the gym, spa, salon, shops and launderette will be open, although some health and safety procedures will remain in place. For exploring ashore, you can still choose to disembark and see the sights on your own, along with your included sightseeing excursions, and our range of optional tours. However, you must follow any government advice from the country you are visiting, including face coverings and social distancing. The on-board team will be able to advise you about any local restrictions at the time of your visit.
The FAQs below include details of our safety procedures as well as essential information regarding overseas travel. This includes requirements for Covid-19 vaccination certificates, Passenger Locator Forms, and testing requirements when returning to the UK. Please read the information carefully as you may be required to take action prior to your departure date.
Last updated: 11 January 2022