Skip to navigation Skip to content
< Back to Saga Sapphire blog

27th February, 2020


After a fairly smooth run from Alesund up to Tromso we enjoyed a spectacular sail in towards Tromso between the snow covered mountains.

On the run into Tromso we received reports that there was a Corona Virus case in Tromso and after discussions with Saga Head Office and as there was very little information from the Norwegian Authorities, it was decided not to make the call for the safety of our passengers.

We made plans to sail out to the North and visit Honningsvag the next day. Unfortunately our Pilot had run out of hours and we had to anchor just outside Tromso and wait for 2 pilots to join the ship later in the day.

We then had another spectacular sail north through the Fjords.

Captain Richard Lambert

The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.

The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.