Cruising for newcomers
Cruising is an increasingly popular way to see the world and on our elegant ships, Saga Ruby and Saga Sapphire and Saga Pearl II you can expect delicious cuisine, sparkling entertainment and attentive service plus, of course, a great choice of cruises.
Newcomers are especially welcome
The most frequent feedback we receive from cruisegoers is how friendly they have found our ships. Those who are new to Saga cruising are immediately made to feel at home by the attentive crew and a Captain’s cocktail party gets things off to a wonderful start, giving you the opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
Our shorter cruises are ideal for first-time cruisegoers (and also for those who simply want a short break).
Newcomers offer aboard Saga Sapphire, Saga Ruby and Saga Pearl II
First-time cruisegoers with Saga can look forward to an especially warm welcome aboard our new ship Saga Sapphire and on our classic ships Saga Ruby and Saga Pearl II. If your cruise departs before December 31, 2013 you will receive £25 per person on-board credit for every seven nights on board. You can also join an exclusive newcomers’ cocktail party on board.
Why cruise with Saga?
- No hidden extras – you’ll be surprised how much is included in the price, such as insurance and cancellation cover, a chauffeured car service to the port, taxes, and all meals, plus much more.
- You are not expected to tip our staff – all on-board gratuities are included in your fare.
- Our cruises are exclusively for passengers aged 50 and over so there are no children or teenagers on board
- Budgeting is easy, with only excursions and drinks left to buy and lower bar prices than you’d expect to pay at home
Levels of service are second to none - with two crew members to every three passengers, you won’t get lost in the crowd.
- There is no hard sell, so you won’t be pressurised to spend extra when you’re on board.
- Dining at one leisurely sitting means that you can eat whenever you like and you will never be rushed to leave your table
- You’re completely in control of your day – free to relax or to be as active as you choose
- Enjoy sailing aboard a classic, medium-sized ship with a family-run feel, not an impersonal ‘superliner’
- We offer unbeatable discounts – meaning you could save up to 35% off the full fares, backed by Saga’s Price Promise
An inspiring choice of itineraries
Choose from a wide range of inspiring a carefully-planned itineraries that combine traditional ports of call with more unusual destinations.
Joining a Saga cruise couldn’t be easier
Most cruises aboard Saga Ruby, Saga Sapphire and Saga Pearl II depart and return to the UK and our hassle-free included UK mainland travel service means that your holiday really does begin the moment you leave home. Choose from our included private car service to the port (if you live within 75 miles), shared car service between 76-250 miles, UK domestic flights, coach travel, standard class rail travel, or free car parking if you would prefer to drive to the port yourself.