One incredible journey, a hundred magical sights...
We have an excellent choice of ships - from intimate vessels carrying a maximum of 50 passengers to larger ones that carry up to 200 guests.
Some of our ships are chartered exclusively for Saga guests and some will be shared with other guests. Whichever you choose, there will always with a Saga representative on board.
Quality grading you can trust
We give our river cruise ships our own Anchor Rating.
These range from five anchors for the finest ships, to one anchor for those with more basic facilities.
When grading our ships, we take into account
- The level of service
- The range of amenities
- The variety of food available
- The standard of public rooms and cabins
Similarly, we award our hotels with a Q-rating.
A river cruise is a uniquely enjoyable and relaxing way to travel to the heart of destinations.
It's easy to river cruise with Saga:
- Arrive on one of our friendly ships
- Unpack in your home-from-home cabin
- Enjoy the sightseeing as our packed itineraries bring you all the highlights
All of our cruises deliver great value for money.
We have a fantastic selection of river cruises at fabulous prices, but that's only part of the great Saga value story.
We include many things in our price that other cruise operators charge as extra:
- Optional travel insurance provided by Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited and additional cancellation rights, or a reduction if not required
- Cover for visas
- Return rail/coach in the UK, if required
- Included excursions on many of our cruises
On a Saga river cruise we'll take you to the heart of towns and cities, so you can explore your port of call.
To make sure you get the most out of every destination you can choose to:
- Explore independently
- Join an excursion (included or optional)
- Join visits led by a local guide and/or our cruise escort
Saga is known for its friendly service and efficiency.
Our motto is 'nothing is too much trouble', so you'll find that our team are dedicated to making your time on board one of the highlights of your holiday.
We make sure that there's always at least one Saga Cruise Escort on board (and up to three on board our chartered ships), to ensure a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
We've been in the business for over 60 years, and know the best river cruise ships, hotels and local agents who share our dedication to quality.
We continually fine-tune our holidays to ensure they meet our exacting requirements.
We worry about everything so you don't have to.
We know what our customers like so we can choose our itineraries to deliver the perfect experience.
We search out the best locations and the most fascinating experiences for our guests.
Whenever we can, we plan our river cruises to coincide with fascinating spectacles like:
- Rhine in Flames Festival
- Normandy and the D-Day Landings
- Danube Delta Odyssey for wildlife spotting
- From Paris to Giverny to see the Gardens of the Seine
- Jazz and Wine cruise on the Rhine and Moselle
Want to take a group of nine or more on a river cruise?
If you want to organise a river cruise for a group or society, or simple for a number or friends or relatives, why not let one of our Group Travel Executives can do all of the hard work for you?
We offer some fantastic benefits and special discounts.
More than a fifth of our customers travel solo with us.
We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and attentive service, and on providing a number of single cabins at no extra cost on many of our Saga-exclusive ships.
Our smaller-sized ships have a pleasant, intimate atmosphere, so you'll find it easy to make friends and feel at home.